- 600 g pumpkin (diced, with rind and seeds removed)
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 carrot (peeled and diced)
- 1 stick of celery (finely chopped)
- 2 potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 100 ml full fat milk
- Salt & pepper
- 2 litres water
- 3 tbsp parsley (finely chopped)
- 3 stock cubes (chicken)
- Mature Oudendijk
Heat the butter in a casserole and fry the onion. Add the carrot, celery, potatoes and pumpkin and continue frying for a short time. Add the water and stock cubes and bring to the boil. Allow to cook for around 20 minutes, then blend the soup.
Add the milk, season to taste with salt and pepper and garnish with parsley.
Serve with toast covered in a slice of mature Oudenijk.